Posturing itself as, “…a systematic, classroom-style approach to continuing education in today’s wholesaling and real estate investing arena.” it makes some pretty bold promises.
Fortune Builders University: But will it really deliver?
I must say I’ve been intrigued by “Fortune Builders University” since it first hit my radar.
(And yes, it’s true – I was recently asked (and agreed) to contribute by teaching a module myself.)
But more importantly, I know some of my friends and colleagues here will be considering how these classes might be a fit for you, and whether you should invest your hard-earned education dollars in it.
Consider This Before You Buy…
Here’s a few things you should find helpful in your due diligence, including a private interview I had with Than just recently, in which we boil Fortune Builders U. down to its very essence for you.
If you’ve been around REI Tips for a while, you know how much I love unscripted interviews. And Sunday night I got on Than on the horn and threw an array of questions at him, including:
- Who are you, and what’s your REI business really like today?
- What exactly is Fortune Builders University / Wholesaling University?
- How did you come up with the idea?
- With no shortage of REI education available, what sets this apart and makes it unique?
- What will the training sessions really be like?
- How much does it cost?
- Is this a replacement or a supplement to a good wholesaling home study course?
- Will there be any other discounts offered on your other products?
I think you’ll find this interview very helpful in processing how Fortune Builders University might fit into your continuing education as an investor.
Listen to a “Ruthlessly Benevolent” Chat with Than Merrill About Fortune Builders University…[audio:http://reitips.com/audio/spotlight/01-09_than_merrill_final.mp3]
In addition to candidly answering all the questions above, Than unexpectedly threw in a few practical, real-life tips into the mix of our chat. I may post them separately in the future (as REI Tips) but for now you’d do well to take a couple of notes when you listen, and learn about…
- A window of opportunity for “Bulk REOs” today
- The biggest resource for new leads in their business today
- How to sell a house fast with a zip code / demographic list from Experian (a golden tip here)
- Specifically how his biz has changed in the last year to compensate for today’s market?
- His top 2 strategies for finding hot investor-buyers quickly (another hot one)
So I definitely recommend listening to our chat before you make a buying decision.
A Handful of Fortune Builder University Nuts-and-Bolts…
Short and sweet-like…
- Our recording above was made before they opened FBU.
- It’s now open and I’m happy to report you can test-drive the whole shebang with a risk-free trial first (a nice touch)
- You’ll find a good bit of content already pre-loaded inside right from the start.
- Content is specialized, and designed to be consumable at your own pace, digestible and practical.
In my final assessment, I for one am looking very much forward to seeing this new resource in action. And holding Than’s feet to the fire to make sure he delivers the value he’s promising. 🙂
And as always, your comments are welcome.