Have you noticed how much content online is turning to video these days? I mean sure, reading text is fine and all – and certainly still the dominant way content is delivered online.
But if you’re a “regular” here, then you may have noticed by now…I love me some online video. In terms of engagement, I’ll take audio and (especially) video any day of the week when possible.
But…I’ll also be the first to admit video’s not always the most efficient way to go through something. Personally I’m often frustrated by how much video content I want to go through, but just can’t get around to for lack of time in the day.
Then MySpeed Walked Into My Life…
…and frankly, had me at “Hello”. MySpeed is a crazy-awesome, time saving tool that’ll let you speed-up almost any online video – at will.
And here’s the bottom line: With as much online video as I tend to consume, this thing’s probably saved me dozens of hours over the last couple of weeks since I first discovered it.
So here’s a short video I made for you about it. Watch it. Trust me. You’ll thank me.
Ironically, if you had MySpeed, you’d have been able to watch my video above in half the time or better!
Important Update: Since I made the above video, MySpeed has come out of Beta and is now no longer free (a tear rolls down my cheek). But hey, it’s still a great deal at only $29.99. I got so hooked on it in Beta, that I dropped the thirty bucks without a second thought. The fact is, my time’s worth a lot more, and this thing would still be a great deal for me at a few hundred bucks.
Also, due to my early connection with the software developers, I was able to score you guys a 10% discount if you use this coupon code: REITIPS10 So after your free trial expires, if you’re hooked like I was, just use that coupon code and you’ll save some dough.
A few more quick thoughts on this…
- It’s cheap (only $29.99 – 10% off with coupon code: REITIPS10)
- It’s quick and easy to go from 1/2 speed to 3X speed (or anywhere in between)
- Huge, daily time saver for me (probably saved dozens of hours in the last few weeks)
- Works on almost any online video or audio (if it’s flash)
- Doesn’t sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Only works in Windows (sorry Mac heads)
- Occasionally video and audio won’t be quite synced up (but I can live with that)
- Sometimes I can’t turn it “off” without shutting down my browser first for some reason.
Get it, and use it whenever you want to be more efficient, and zip through things like…
- Webinar/teleseminar replays
- Product/course/seminar promotions
- Online video training, courses, etc.
- Virtual tours and/or video walk-throughs of a property
- Anything else on YouTube, Google videos, etc.
I mean, seriously…what the heck is your time worth?
Personally I can almost always watch at about 2x and still comprehend everything just fine. If it’s particularly “heady” I’ll go at about 1.5x. But that’s just me, and you can set whatever speed your little heart desires.
Where to get it:
Thoughts? Comments? Love to hear them below…