So…the few days have seen quite the hubbub about a controversial new webinar that’s hit the interwebs. Seen all the saucy emails about it?
I’ve heard some alarming claims like…
“…real estate investing as we know it is dead!”
“…investors are in danger of becoming extinct!”
So…what do you think?
Look, I’m always gonna shoot straight with you. So I’ll gladly share my full, candid response to all this with you, right here, right now. I’ll even tell you exactly what I think about this new Real Estate Mogul thing.
And as you read every word of this with an open mind and a critical eye, I think you’ll feel enlightened and really glad you did. <–not NLP, I swear
First, I Have Something to Disclose and Declare
Truth be told, I cannot be entirely unbiased here.
Why? Because several months ago I was politely asked to provide some input on the real estate mogul project as it was being shaped. I obliged. One thing led to another and I was eventually asked to help shape the entire content side of things for members, to ensure quality and general awesomeness from the training end of things.
I’ll explain that more in a second, but essentially it means that, even though I’ll be nothing less than completely honest in sharing my personal feelings on Real Estate Mogul (both product and message), this is one rare case where it’s simply impossible for me to be 100% unbiased.
Please know that I consider it a high honor to be asked to share my candid view on products and services like this, and I’m lucky enough to have readers who actually want to know my frank perspective, as you weigh something like this to see if it’s right for you. I take this very seriously, and would never do anything to compromise that.
So rest assured that, even though I can’t be totally unbiased due to my involvement on the training side, I give you my personal promise that I’m being completely honest in my feelings on this, good and bad (and yes, there are some bad). Ultimately I consider myself your advocate, and my sincere goal is to to provide some authentic value in the conversation.
Now…On the “Death of Real Estate”
And I realize this may rub some people the wrong way, but I just can’t go along with that. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but I just know too much to agree with that.
Just to be crystal clear: No, I do not believe that real estate investing is dead.
But Here’s What I DO Believe…
I DO know that in 2008 real estate changed. Big time and at lightning speed… We all felt it.
- Many investors kept trying to force their square peg into a now round hole, and sadly died trying. We all know at least a few of them…
- Others tweaked their approach to a new market, and survived to deal another day…
- A few of us even found brand new opportunities created by the shift — little sub-pockets of profit, and have thrived better than ever before as a result…
I also DO know that 2012 started another major shift in real estate investing…
- Like big hedge funds quietly buying billions in real estate in major markets all across the U.S. (Blackstone is only one of them)…
- Like some flat-out scary gov’t rules and regs coming down the pipeline (I know the lobbyist fighting them personally)
I DO know that in the last 2 months I’ve been personally connecting with legit insiders on all this, and there’s some truly scary stuff going on in many places right now, and it seems to be increasing at a startling pace.
And I DO personally know folks who’ve been flat out blindsided by some of these threats lately, and been left bruised and confused as all get out about what the heck even happened. Truth be told, it’s happening more and more.
Maybe you’ve sniffed some of it in the news lately?
“The era of mom-and-pop real estate investors is quickly coming to an end.”
“Landlords have always tended to be mom-and-pop outfits. That appears to be changing. Fast.”
“The business of buying foreclosed homes, renovating and renting them out is morphing from a largely mom-and-pop business into the next big thing on Wall Street.”
“Large Wall Street investors rushing into the foreclosure market have raised between $6 billion and $8 billion, with the intent to acquire between 40,000 and 80,000 foreclosed homes nationwide in the months ahead.”
But What Does All This Really Mean to Us?
Look, I’m not a doom and gloom guy. Not my style. No, this is not the end of the world as we know it.
But it’s noteworthy.
I.E. it’s worth clearly understanding, and then asking ourselves the only two responsible questions:
1) How will this effect me and my business when it comes down to it?
2) How should I adjust what I”m doing in response to it?
Think about that for a second. An honest, open-minded asking and critical-thinking answering of these two questions is the only thing that saved many investors back in 2008. Smart investors “move with the cheese”. Those who don’t, typically starve.
How One Guy Puts It
My buddy Rob and I have both been investing full time for around a dozen years ago now, and we share the same perspective on this. But I like how I recently heard him put it:
I’ve watched a lot of “smart” people come in AND succeed in the short term only to ultimately FAIL. Why? Simple. Because most people simply don’t pay attention to the world around them. Are you paying attention? You don’t need to get scared by the “doom and gloom” — you’re more intelligent than that. What you need to do is be in the loop and aware of all the changes, the shifts and the OPPORTUNITIES all around you.
Well said, Rob!
Behind the Doom and Gloom
I believe the folks behind the controversial webinar actually have very good intentions, even if their approach is a bit over the top…
I truly believe their aim is to help people wake up and smell the coffee, start paying attention to how things are shifting in the arena, and start winning from these shifts, rather than perishing from them.
And hey, that’s what I want too! Unfortunately I think that for many, their message is being obscured by their delivery.
I mean, you get that real estate is not really dead, right? It’s weird, you’ve either understood the intent of the message or you completely missed the point. I’ll open your eyes here.
All this talk about panic, death and a cataclysmic shift are designed to get your attention. It’s 100% to help you “win”.
They’re using a super strong message, to open your eyes and motivate you towards some real and current solutions to the big real estate problems facing tour industry right now.
- For example, one of the problems is the aforementioned hedge funds competing against investors in major markets, and blowing them out of the water. This is literally putting some investors I know flat out of business.
- And among the solutions they’re offering is learning how to actually play ball where the hedge funds aren’t …and also, finding ways to actually flip deals to the hedge funds that they aren’t already going after (if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em).
That’s just one angle among many, but it’s a biggie.
So What About This “Real Estate Mogul” Thing?
Well basically what they’ve put together is a hybrid educational platform, listing service, and social network, topped off with some choice daily “lessons” across multiple real estate investing categories. Each lesson is designed to truly teach and equip. These aren’t ezine articles or blog posts – they’re LESSONS.
Briefly here are some key summary bullet points directly from their website:
- The Learn Module for on-demand access to the step-by-step real estate investing lessons you need to succeed today
- The Interact Module for access to our team plus thousands of other active investors
- The Deal-Making Module for all the buyers, sellers, lenders, & partners you’ll ever need
- Your own Mogul Profile Page to act as your virtual business card
- The Daily “Mogul Insider” e-Newsletter for real-time tips, tricks, & updates
- The “101 Guide” to Real Estate Investing to provide the blueprint to your first (or next) deal
- Premium Passive Cashflow Deals for hands-free $200-$850/month rent checks
- On-Demand Deal Funding for instant access to hundreds of private & hard money lenders
- LIVE Bi-Weekly Mentoring Calls for expert advice & answers to all your questions
- The Mogul Publishing Program for your chance to be the expert and receive $50-$500 “quick hits” of cash
- An Instant Internet Marketing Cashflow Stream to provide a “safety net” during your inevitable down months in real estate
My Honest Personal Assessment
Well first I’ll tell ya, I’ve not only seen the whole shebang myself, but I’ve explored it in depth, inside out. I’ve test driven each and every piece of this thing, and did so with a critical eye.
And scare tactics aside, I actually DO recommend Real Estate Mogul.
I know, I know… Anyone who knows me, knows that I do not endorse things lightly, and I’ve done so very carefully here.
I think it might be best to continue with a short, personal video. If you’ll indulge me for a moment longer, I’ll share with you:
1) My personal, candid thoughts on Real Estate Mogul (education, interaction and deal-doing)
2) The one piece that really intrigues me the most
3) A look at who all’s behind the curtain (the faces may surprise you)
4) Who this is best suited for (and who not)
5) A revealing look under the hood (I’ll show you exactly what’s inside)
6) A shocker: Got a little something to share that no one else has yet. A fun surprise. 🙂
Watch My Personal Review…
So what do you think? Well My sincere aim is to be a helpful voice of reason for you n the conversation, so I hope you enjoyed that and found it helpful.
From here, if this thing intrigues or resonates with you at all, then finish sizing it up to see if it’s a good fit for you. Start by reviewing the controversial “Real Estate Investing is Dead” video. And if do you jump in, please drop me a line once you get inside. As you can tell from the video above, I’m not hard to find. 🙂